New Pattern

I finally published my first official pattern!  It is available on Ravelry: Little Mittens.


I designed these mittens because I needed some for my little girls. I couldn’t find a child-sized pattern that included the design elements I like in adult mittens, so I developed my own pattern that combines those design elements with children’s sizing. This is a revised, expanded version of my previous pattern, “Toddler Mittens.”



Use any worsted-weight wool yarn you have on hand, or combine a few thinner yarns to equal worsted-weight. I encourage you to be creative with the coloring. These mittens are done in stockinette, so you could even add some intarsia.

This pattern assumes basic knowledge of working in the round, but it is compatible with any style of your choice: DPNs, circulars, or magic loop. This pattern also uses increases, decreases, rib cast-on, and Kitchener stitch, but links to tutorials are included.

The mittens are ambidextrous. They are sized with close-fitting cuffs and roomier hands (just right for playing in the snow). I also include information for devising additional sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment